Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

ARE THE LADIES LOST?

ARE THE LADIES LOST?
Ever heard of “slumber party”?
Yes, the all-night get together party that ladies have. Let me tell you the other things that go on in the party. There is a session in which the ladies bare their heart out concerning hearty issues.
The story of a friend kept me thinking, wondering and digging.
            She liked, really liked a particular guy, after a few months of playing the waiting game, she decided to let her heart out. Hmm… courageous I must say. Turns out the guy doesn’t feel the same way about her. And the guy took her for his testosterone trip for a couple of years before he met the girl that appealed to his eyes. And his excuse was: “I didn’t ask you out, you did. Be grateful”. Anger boiled in me so much I had to keep mute. What a jerk! Now, this became a question for the ladies, should a girl ask a guy out? But we must understand whoever did the asking does not guarantee the sanity of the guy.
My opinion:
Basically, you can test the maturity of a person by his actions in a situation.
I’d rather a girl not ask a guy out, though I’ve seen some ladies do that and they ‘ve made a success out of the relationship but does it make it ‘doable’? NO!, putting the strong African culture background aside of course. Every problem is a wisdom problem. I see it as a two-way thing, you can imply or let the feelings die (it is not impossible)*winks.
“It is not good for a man to be alone; I will make a helper suitable for him”. Note the word “helper” meaning the man is the head and he has a help mate. And ladies, you are suitable.
“He who finds a wife has found a good thing and has received favor from the Lord.”
Guess you are wondering what I’m getting at..
So ladies as a helper what do you do? You help the guy find you. It is high time the ladies stopped being passive about their lives just because they are thought of as ‘weaker vessel’ or ‘kitchen use’ or ‘bed attendee”. I have learned that some guys are shy, so they may not speak up, even the ones that are not need help too. Less I divert too far, ‘how do you help?’
It is many, and they can’t all be adapted in a situation. Here are a few I’ve learned from men:
·         Pay extra attention to the guy and let him know it.
·         Ask him to lunch and pay… there’s no rule against that. Lunch please not dinner.
·         Stroke his ego. It doesn’t take a pound of flesh or dignity from you. Know the extremes. Etc..
My point is “help” him find you. You are not lost.
Songs of Solomon 2:7­- I charge you daughters of Jerusalem by the Gazelles and by the does of the field, do not awaken love until it so desires… I wonder why the charge was to the daughters and not the men. I’d have loved to go on and on about why and how you should passively ask him out, but I know you’ve gotten the gist already.
Disclaimer: pay attention to the limit…. If he is not interested, another man will be…life goes on.
Ciao.
Written by: Dami Ige
www.mediagenius.com.ng

No comments:

Post a Comment