Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Think Differently - A Poetic Note

Harder times of plenty struggles
Struggles of rhetorical questions
Answers I am yet to find
But the years had found me

Oh I've let myself down
I have let my family down

the society, the society have let me down
The government have failed me.

Please let me introduce myself...
I am a graduate, a graduate for past 7 years with B.sc honors, No job.

I have begged, I have prayed, I have even bribed.
The sole of my shoe is worn out.
Oh shame has swallowed me

I am hopeless
My happiness has been taken
Oh the tag of unemployment is now my shadow.

And I hear a still small voice say to me:

A shadow you refuse to cast out
All you do is complain.
You complain about everything.
Hmm, a wise man once said 'your skill contributions to life's situation is a validation of your education.

You say there are no jobs?
The question is 'what can you offer?'

What is the validation of your certificate?
Know this, Life is not about paper but product and your work is a product of your skill.
Oh even the Bible says that God Blesses the works of our hands not of our certificate.
You've blamed everyone else but yourself.
Do you have a dream?
Have you ever thought that the dream Job you seek was established by someone like you?

My question is, what do you think those people were thinking about when they started out on the business you call you dream job?

You wonder in fear,
But fear will not take you there.
May I even ask you, what exactly is it you fear?
When you look straight into it, you will realize that there is nothing there to be afraid of.
Take a step today,
Make that move,
Life is not all about how much you get but how much you give.

What do you have?
Is it a skill or knowledge?
Then go and give it.
Give it to someone who needs it and the day a larger community needs that same service, you will not be forgotten.

Don't allow fear to hold you down.
Just do it in spite of your fear.
A wise man once said that courage is not the absence of fear, but the decision to move on in spite of your fears.

I came across a piece a while ago and I'll like to share it. It inspires me a lot and I hope it does the same to you too:

'Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.'



No comments:

Post a Comment